Ministry of Law (MINLAW) — a government body in charge of the legal system. It also includes statutory boards in charge of Intellectual Property and Land Authority. If you are a foreigner setting up a Singapore company, you will surely be subject to the legislation MINLAW is in charge of.
What departments does MINLAW have?
- Insolvency and Public Trustee's Office
- Legal Aid Bureau
- Community Mediation Uni
- Appeals Board for Land Acquisitions
- Land Surveyors Board
- Copyright Tribunal
- Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
- Singapore Land Authority
- Headquarters (HQ), including 7 policy divisions:
- Legal Policy Division
- International Legal Division
- Legal Industry Division
- Policy Advisory Division
- Land Policy Division
- Intellectual Property Policy Division
- Community Legal Services Division
MINLAW in Singapore
You can visit the Singapore MINLAW website to learn more about their mission and core values.
On their website they have a section of Legal Services Regulatory Authority e-services. What we highly recommend is to check out a popular MINLAW find a Lawyer of Law Practice service.