Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) — a government body in charge of national security, public safety, and immigration. While MOM issues visas and processes applications, MHA grants PR status and deals with illegal immigration.
How do I apply for PR status to MHA?
The applications are accepted online using SingPass account registration. You will need to pay a standard fee of $S100 for each application. You are required to submit Explanatory Notes and Document List for MHA to review. If MHA grants you the PR status, you will need to cover additional fees for permissions to enter and identity cards. These fees vary between S$30 and S$100 for each application. The ministry takes about 4-6 months to review each case, though special circumstances might make the process even longer.
Read our articles & guides
- How to Open a Corporate Bank Account in Singapore
- Will the New Laws Scare the Business Away from the British Virgin Islands?
- How to Report About your Business Activity Type
- How to Start a Business in Singapore from New Zealand?
- How do I choose between Sole Proprietorship and Private Limited company in Singapore?