- Osome Singapore
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Allotment of shares
Allotment of shares in Singapore
According to Companies Act, Allotment of shares is a procedure of creating and issuing shares, either for new or existing shareholders. To initiate the process, the directors must get the existing shareholders’ approval at a general meeting.
Start with an Essential package that covers all key business needs or switch to a more flexible Unlimited plan later
- Annual General Meeting preparation
- Routine Annual filing
- Personal support by your Corporate Secretary via chat
- Reminders on filing deadlines
- Full service for 1 year
- S$60 government fees included
Go to a live chat with one of our agents and get the answers straight away
Additional services you might need
- Company stampS$60A company stamp (company seal) is used to validate official documents, like contracts, certificates, deeds, etc. Company seals contain the name and registration number of the company. As of 2017, it is not obligatory to use them in Singapore, though it is still a common practice. Your company secretary is in charge of keeping and using it.
- Striking off a dormant companyS$600
- CorpPass RegistrationS$100Use your CorpPass to report to and interact with the IRAS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore), ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority), and Singapore customs. Whether you are a local or foreigner with a Singapore business, we set up your CorpPass Account quickly without registering for extra documents like a SingPass ID.
- Striking off a companyS$400Striking off means closing down a local company. If the company is no longer doing business, an application should be made to the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority to strike the company’s name off the Companies Register.
- Super Lean planS$800/yThis plan is made for you if your company is almost Dormant and has a few transactions a year. We take care of bookkeeping, all filings and corporate tax return.
- Sleeping Beauty planS$600/yWe make your company Dormant, take care of all filings and make sure your Dormant company stays compliant without bothering you. This plan includes unlimited corporate secretary, dormant accounting and tax services, and all assoicated government fees.
Why Osome is the best choice for you
All fees included
We advocate transparent pricing, so all standard fees are already included in the packages
Papers just a tap away
All the documents and signatures are encrypted and stored in a cloud so you can access them any time
We respond within 24 hours and prepare the documents the same day you ask for them
What is the share allotment procedure?
There are four things the secretary will address before the allotment:
- The general meeting-related papers: Directors’ Resolutions in Writing to convene the EGM, Notice of EGM, Proxy Forms (if necessary), Attendance List, Minutes of EGM
- Directors’ Resolutions in Writing noting the issuance and allotment of shares
- Lodgment with ACRA
- Preparation of new Share Certificate(s)
After the new Share Certificates have been issued, the company secretary will update the company’s register of allotments and register of shareholders.
What meeting does a company convene if there are shares to allot?
This subject may be on the agenda of an Annual General Meeting. If the members’ approval is required some time before or after the AGM, the company may hold an Extraordinary General Meeting. Depending on the composition of the company’s shareholders, different documentation will be prepared to hold the EGM.
I didn’t find the answer to my question...
That’s alright! Let us know your question