Hong Kong (English)
  • Singapore
  • Hong Kong (繁體中文)
  • UK
+852 5808 1236

Company Registration in Hong Kong

We’ll register your company remotely, help open an account online and ensure your company is compliant

Hey, do I have to fly in to open the company?
Register your company and open a business account

Hey, do I have to fly in to open the company?

No need! 🙌 I'm sending over the application for incorporation. Just e‑sign it online! ✍️ Tori

Amazing, 👌 thanks, guys!

We guide you every step of the way

  1. Zero paperwork on your end

    Zero paperwork
    on your end

    Log into Osome and send us your details. We fill out an application and send it for you to e-sign

  2. Same-day registration


    We file your papers with Companies Registry, your business gets registered within 24 hours

  3. Help with bank account opening

    Help with bank
    account opening

    Neobanks open accounts online, while HSBC requires a meet up. We introduce you, but the decision is up to them

Check your Business Activity HSIC Code

Use our free search to find the code that best describes your business activities

Join Osome Anywhere

You can find members of the Osome community in the countries below, get in touch to learn more about how to manage your company secretary in Singapore from wherever you are.



    We support entrepreneurs in India to register a company in Hong Kong online. We take care of all of the government requirements including the Company Secretary function, providing your registered address and arranging all of your legal documents. The process is done completely online with all of your documents stored centrally on the Osome App.



    Our company formation services in Thailand cover the entire process, including secure ID verification, opening your business bank account with one of our global partners, and setting up an accounting routine tailored to your business. Our experts are available via chat 24/7 so you can have full visibility of your company status at any time.


    United States

    Whether you are an American starting your company in Hong Kong or would like to incorporate an American company in Hong Kong, Osome can help. We prepare all of the legal documents you need to get started: the Company Constitution, Articles of Association as well as the Incorporation Application, and submit these documents to the government for approval.



    We give you the confidence to register a company in Hong Kong remotely so you can better grow your business in Hong Kong from Australia, or any other regions. Our multi-currency accounting gives you a clear picture of your finances in multiple locations. Easily monitor your transactions, invoices and business finance calendar all in one place using the App.

Trusted by Osome entrepreneurs around the world

89% of customers recommend us

9,500+ clients worldwide

Amazon spnpart of an ecosystem

Shopifypart of an ecosystem

They replied quickly offering immediately useful details. One phone call set the path for my first incorporation. I highly recommend it for other first-timers.

Paolo Porchetti

Paolo Porchetti PP E&A LIMITED

I like that I can just post my questions to chat any time of the day, quite unlike having to remember to call within business hours only. For a startup owner working irregular hours, this helps.

Lim Sze-Szan Fiona

Lim Sze-Szan Fiona BodyOwn Pte. Ltd.

One of the best experiences in incorporating a company in Hong Kong.

Beh Huey Ching Jenna

Beh Huey Ching Jenna FortNynja (HK) Limited

Fully digital, fast, easy to follow, great app. I highly recommend it.

Edwina Jane Barrington

Edwina Jane Barrington Rupert and Bird Limited

They helped me register my company in Hong Kong. I'm very satisfied with their services, flexibility, and reactivity.

Yannick Andre Martial Guyot

Yannick Andre Martial Guyot HK TALENTS Limited

Osome has been extremely proactive, talking me through every step of starting my company. They now take care of my accounting. I love the app, it's so easy to use!

Harriette Foulkes-Arnold

Harriette Foulkes-Arnold We are Contented Pte. Ltd.

I didn’t have to go anywhere to work with Osome, I just used the web and mobile app to sign the docs.

Ivan Zeljkovic

Ivan Zeljkovic Evans Media Pte. Ltd.

I incorporated my own two companies with Osome and now manage them via the platform. I've been very satisfied and recommend Osome to all my friends.

Vlad Shchelkunov

Vlad Shchelkunov BTTR holdings Pte. Ltd.

The staff always answer, and they deal with all the admin on my behalf. So I can simply use my income and not worry about legal and administrative filings.

Pawel Wargan

Pawel Wargan freelancer

It is impressive how fast and responsive they are! I feel very happy about my decision to go with Osome.

Randeep Sudan

Randeep Sudan Multivertz Pte. Ltd.

  • E27
  • Entrepreneur
  • foundr
  • Tech in Asia
  • Vulcan post

Here’s what you need to register a company in Hong Kong.
We’ll take care of it all.

  • Deal with the official requirements

    Step 1 Deal with the official requirements

    Opening a company in Hong Kong is quite easy. You have to fulfil just a few government requirements. We help you organise all of these:

    • Hire a local Corporate Secretary. All Hong Kong companies must have one. This officer communicates company structure and management changes to the government, maintains company records, and files statutory documents accurately on time, avoiding nasty penalties.
    • Get a Registered Address. All Hong Kong companies must have a local registered address. It goes on all legal documents. Government sends notices with deadlines here. We open, scan, and upload letters to your Osome account on the day they are delivered.
    • Receive a Business Registration Certificate. This must-have document shows important details of a company, including the company name, business nature, and address. It is typically issued for 1 year and has to be renewed annually. We’ll arrange this document for your company and renew it every year.
  • Get your Hong Kong company registered

    Step 2 Get your Hong Kong company registered

    We handle the process 100% online: collect your documents in a chat, fill in all the necessary documents, and send them to you to sign them electronically. We need to know the company name, business activities, share structure, and paid-up capital — HK$1 is enough. We’ll also ask for all directors and shareholders’ names, addresses, and contact info, and complete online ID verification for each.

    Here are the key documents we prepare:

    • Company Constitution
    • Articles of Association
    • Incorporation Application
  • Open an account: start paying, get paid

    Step 3 Open an account: start paying, get paid

    You will need a bank account to receive money and pay your invoices. We partner up with HSBC, the largest bank in Hong Kong, and other traditional banks. We also work with neobanks, such as Airwallex: you can open an account right on our platform. Whatever your needs, we can help find the perfect fit. We introduce you and help with the KYC, but the decision to open an account is always up to the banks.

  • Set up the accounting routine

    Step 4 Set up the accounting routine

    As a business owner, you’ll need to submit two reports and one audit every year. Even if you have no transactions, you still need to submit annual reports: prepare unaudited accounts, have an external auditor review them, and file Profit Tax Return. It’s crucial to prepare them right and on time so as not to face fines and penalties. We’ll handle your day-to-day bookkeeping, prepare reports, and keep track of the timelines to submit them. You will get a Chartered accountant dedicated to your business who will proactively advise on exemptions and reliefs, so you pay taxes smartly.

    Here’s what we file for you:

    • Unaudited Financial Statements
    • Annual Profits Tax return filing
    • Company Audit

All government fees included

Get a jump start with incorporation only or sign up for our accounting support as well. We don’t charge you the HK$1,870 government fee.

Our prices are fixed in Hong Kong Dollars. We use Hong Kong Monetary Authority rates to convert them to US Dollars, Euro and Pounds. The exact price you pay in $, € and £ depends on the rate and fees your bank applies.

Register your business for free
Register your business for free
  • Essential Incorporation

    Company registration for those who have a Hong Kong office address

    🔥 HK$470 off

    Price includes HK$1,870 government fee




    Incorporation Application: goes with Certificate of Incorporation (CI) and Articles of Association

    BRC for 1 year

    Business Registration Certificate – a certificate from IRD that you need to run your business

    🔥 free business account

    Remote opening with Neat within 2 business days

    Secretary for 1 year

    • Annual General Meeting papers
    • Annual Returns Filing
  • All-inclusive Incorporation

    Company registration with comprehensive service for a stress-free experience

    🔥 HK$3,220 off

    Price includes HK$1,870 government fee




    Incorporation Application: goes with Certificate of Incorporation (CI) and Articles of Association

    BRC for 1 year

    Business Registration Certificate – a certificate from IRD that you need to run your business

    🔥 free business account

    Remote opening with Neat within 2 business days

    Secretary for 1 year

    • Annual General Meeting papers
    • Annual Returns Filing

    Corporate actions

    Any corporate changes: changing a director or a shareholder, transferring shares, changing company particulars, etc.

    Registered address for 1 year

    Notifications when you receive mail, scanning and forwarding of the messages

  • Accounting Relief

    Get a Mini package, or explore more for your business

    -20% for the year

    Price from



    annual support

    • Personal Accountant
    • Osome software
    • Annual bookkeeping
    • Annual management reports

    govt & tax filings

    • Unaudited Financial Statements
    • Annual profits tax return filing

Open HSBC business account with Osome

We’ve partnered up with HSBC, a banking and financial services organisation with more than 150 years of business in Hong Kong. Start your application for an HSBC account right here on Osome Platform.


Offer various account options that suit the financial needs of startups and established small and medium-sized businesses.

Neobank for SMEs specialising in e-commerce.

Neobank for SMEs and startups.

Neobank and Visa corporate card provider for SME’s. With 1% cash back on all card transactions.

Start your application directly in Osome, and visit HSBC Business Centre in Hong Kong to complete the process.

You can open the account on Airwallex website. The process takes 2 business days.

You can open the account online on Currenxie website. The process takes 3 business days.

You can open the account on the Neat website. The process takes 2 business days.

Account opening fee is HK$1,900. Minimum deposit balance on account is HK$50,000.

Account opening is free and no min sum required. There's a $10 fee on global payments and FX margin of 0.5%-1%.

Account opening is free and no min sum required. There's a 0%.75-$3 fee on payments and FX margin of 0.5%-1%.

Account opening is free and no min-sum required. There is a $0 fee for local incoming payments to a $12 fee on international payments and an FX margin of 0.5%-1%.

Download our Free Incorporation Checklist

Download our Free Incorporation Checklist

Get a list of all documents, actions, and steps it takes to open your Hong Kong company

Download for free

Incorporate a company with Osome: how it works

Incorporate a company with Osome: how it works

We make setting up a company in Hong Kong fast and effort-free. We prepare all necessary docs, send them for you to e-sign, and file for company incorporation with Corporate Registry.

We provide convenient solutions for government requirements: corporate secretaries with years of experience who answer fast online, a registered address with the digital mailroom, and procure Certificate of Incorporation and Business Registration Certificate. Everything you need to open a business in Hong Kong.

Company registration is just the first step. To save you time, we’ve created software that processes routine tasks. After we register your company, we’ll keep on top of the government filings and remind you about upcoming deadlines. All your files get stored on a convenient platform forever and for free, easy to find and forward. And any letters sent to your registered address will be scanned and sent to you. With Osome, you can set up a business and figure out the reporting once and for all.

4.9 out of 1,537 reviews

  • Companies Registry
  • Certified Public Accountants
    Certified Public Accountants
  • Chartered Secretaries
    Chartered Secretaries

Company registration for any industry

The Hong Kong market provides great opportunities for various businesses. Here's a few industries we regularly help with company formation in Hong Kong:

  • Retail Industry

    Company registration for Retail Industry

    Hong Kong’s offline sales are actually on the rise with 57% increase over the past decade. Singaporean tourists have just been allowed in, and once the Chinese travellers get rid of the 14-day quarantine restriction, the industry will get back on track.

  • Construction Industry

    Company registration for Construction Industry

    Hong Kong spends lavishly on its construction: over HK$120 billion (US$15.4bn) is directed to developing the city infrastructure in the 2020-2021 Budget. Note that construction workers need to be registered.

  • Restaurants Industry

    Company registration for Restaurants Industry

    The restaurant industry took a hard hit from the pandemic, losing up to 26% of its turnover in the turmoil. As many players had to go out of the market, there will be space for the newcomers once business is back to normal.

  • Hotel Industry

    Company registration for Hotel Industry

    The word “staycation” is one of the most searched words on Google Trends in Hong Kong. Hotels in Hong Kong are promoting staycation packages even more to attract locals with promotional packages.

  • Hospitality Industry

    Company registration for Hospitality Industry

    May readings on the short-term outlook among smaller retailers and restaurants rose above the 50 level, marking good business conditions for the first time since 2018.

  • Entertainment Industry

    Company registration for Entertainment Industry

    Between 1991 and 2018, total sales of fine art in its auction houses jumped from around $11 million to nearly $1.4 billion. In addition, Hong Kong’s government is allocating HK$260M to boost the movie industry.

  • Education Industry

    Company registration for Education Industry

    Hong Kong has invested lavish resources over the last decade to establish itself as an education hub acting as a gateway to China. It seems to work: 8 out of 10 foreign pupils come from mainland China.

  • Food Industry

    Company registration for Food Industry

    Though Covid-19 pandemia and street protests have hit food industry quite hard, food delivery is gaining momentum. Hong Kong citizens started spending 55% more on ordering food, and when the turmoil ends, the habbits will remain.

  • E-commerce Industry

    Company registration for E-commerce Industry

    Hong Kong has over 4.5 million online shoppers which account for the whoopping penetration rate of 59.8%. The number is projected to further grow to reach 72.6% in 2022, supporting the success of the booming industry.


  • Why incorporate in Hong Kong?

    Hong Kong is a great place to open a business: there are no restrictions for foreigners, taxes are flat and rather low (profits tax stands at 8.25% for the first HK$2 million of assessable profits, and 16.5% for profits after that), the incorporation process is easy, fast, and can be done remotely. There are many well-established businesses and smart start-ups here, finance is available, and flights are plenty.

  • What is incorporation of a company?

    Hong Kong is one of the top cities to incorporate a business. Incorporating a company in this city is a straightforward process. You would need a company name, a Companies Ordinance, appoint one Designated Representative, one individual Director, one Shareholder, and one Company Secretary. You would also need a local Hong Kong-registered address.

  • Can a foreigner be a director and a shareholder of a Hong Kong business?

    Yes, Hong Kong allows foreigners to become directors and shareholders of a company registered here. As a foreigner, you can be the only director or hire as many as you need. There is no requirement to have any local directors.

    You can be a shareholder as well. You need to have at least one (and as many as 50). They can be people of any nationalities or companies.

  • Do I need a company address?

    Yes, all companies registered in Hong Kong must have a local address. It goes on all legal documents. If you don’t have an office address, use our service. We handle your incoming letters, scan and store them in your Osome account so you have easy access to all your documents.

  • Do I need a Company Secretary?

    Every Hong Kong business must have a local resident company secretary. This officer is responsible for keeping your paperwork in order, making sure all changes on the company are processed correctly, on time and in compliance with the local legislation. This role can be performed by an individual or a corporation, known as a body corporate.

  • How long does it take to register a company?

    Once all the documents are ready, it usually takes us 1 business day to register a company. It mostly depends on when you are comfortable with providing all the details, as well as the service hours of the authorities.

  • What does the incorporation speed depend on?

    Usually, it’ll take us 1 business day to register a company, assuming all documents are ready and it’s within the services hours of the authorities. Here’s what we need to proceed:

    • Collect payment for our services
    • Receive all documents and information from you
    • Clear due diligence
    • Have the documents electronically signed on your end
  • What do I need to incorporate a company in Hong Kong?

    To set up a business in Hong Kong, you would need a company name, a companies ordinance, appoint one Designated Representative, one individual director, one shareholder, and one company secretary. You would need a local Hong Kong registered address.

  • How does Osome open a company in Hong Kong?

    First, we check that the name you’ve chosen for your business is available. Next you send us your passport copy and details on other directors and shareholders (if any). We prepare all the necessary documents, send them to you for electronic signature, and submit them to Companies Registry (a government entity that registers companies). We then register your company with the Inland Revenue Department which issues the Business Registration Certificate. On your end, it’s just a message thread in a secure chat.

  • What documents are required for company registration in Hong Kong?

    You would need company registration documents to set up a Hong Kong company. Wondering what is a company registration document? This includes the Certificate of Incorporation and Articles of Association of your company. You would also need identification documents of your company’s shareholders and directors.

  • What is a Business Registration Certificate?

    Business Registration Certificate is a document that every Hong Kong business must have. It specifies all the details of your company. It is issued by the Inland Revenue Department of Hong Kong usually for 1 year and has to be renewed annually.

  • How do I get a Business Registration Certificate (BRC)?

    To get a BRC, you have to apply to the Business Registration Office,complete form IRBR 37, and pay a HK$27 fee. If you employ Osome to do that for you, the fee is included in the package.

    After you’ve registered a company, you have 30 days to procure BRC.

  • How to renew business registration in Hong Kong?

    Renewing the Business Registration Certificate is something that companies in Hong Kong need to complete annually as part of being compliant with the Companies Ordinance.

    One month before the Business Registration Certificate expires, the Inland Revenue Department will issue a demand notice. After the company has made the payment, that very demand notice will now act as a valid renewed Business Registration Certificate.

    However, if the company does not receive the demand notice even till one month past the expiry date, the company has to notify the Commissioner of the Inland Revenue Department. You can then head down to the Business Registration Office with your previous Business Registration Certificate to ask for a new demand note, or you can renew by post.

    If the company still has not paid up the settlement amount after the expiry date, an additional HKD 300 will be charged. Usually, the company secretary will settle these tasks on behalf of the company. Talk to us if you need help to take this administrative work off your plate.

  • What is a General Employment Visa?

    It’s a type of working visa sponsored by a specific company so it can invite foreign professionals. It allows you to work exclusively for that company and come to Hong Kong. Its duration is determined by the length of the contract.

  • What are the requirements to get a General Employment Visa?

    First, you need to have an offer of employment to fill a genuine vacancy. Second, you need to qualify for the job, which means your background, experience, and education should fit the requirements. Normally, the officials look for a first degree in the relevant field. Third, the salary you get should be about HK $40,000-$75,000. Finally, you must have a clean criminal record to be cleared by the security.

  • Are incorporation fees tax deductible?

    In Hong Kong, expenses have to be incurred in the production of chargeable profits to be tax deductible. That means you had to spend the money to make sales. As such, expenses related to incorporating a company are tax deductible. Our accountants can advise you on how to file taxes correctly.

  • How do I check my company registration number?

    Refer to your Certificate of Incorporation. You can find the company registration number at the top left corner of your Certificate of Incorporation. This number is unique to each company. It represents your company in official documents and business records.

I didn’t find the answer to my question...

That’s alright! Let us know your question


Hey! I’m Aki. I’ll help you through our services. Ready to go?

What’s your timeline to get started?

We’ll know whether to jump on your application or just send you more data to explore

Skip this question
By clicking, you agree to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy and Data Protection Policy

Thank you!

We’ll call you back shortly

We’re using cookies! What does it mean?