- Osome Australia
Osome understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under applicable law.
Information About Us
Osome Pty. Ltd., a private company limited by shares registered in Australia under company number 633 940 280 whose registered office is at 856 Burke Road, CANTERBURY VIC 3126
Osome Ltd is part of the Osome Group, which is made up of different legal entities, including Osome Pte. Ltd, a private limited company registered in Singapore with registration number 201712242C whose registered office is at 68 Circular Road, #02-01, Singapore 049422.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: name, age, birth date, mobile number(s), telephone number(s), mailing or residential address, email address, passport or other identification number, and any other information relating to individuals.
By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and understood this policy, and consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data as described in this policy.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Purpose of this policy
Osome does not claim ownership of the information you submit via the Osome Application or through other means of data collection. You have the necessary rights to such information that you submit on the Osome Application.
We own all copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property rights associated with our Osome Application. You may not use our copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, patents, and other intellectual property rights unless you have our express permission and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
- Information About Us
Collection of Data
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via Osome applications and social media accounts, via our website osome.com/au from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Automatically Collected Information
Usage And Log Information. We collect information about your activity on our Osome Application, such as service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (including how you use our Osome Application, how you interact with our staff and authorized people in our Osome Application, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports. This also includes information about when you registered to use our Osome Application, your profile photo, whether you are online, and when you last used the Osome Application.
Device And Connection Information. We collect device and connection-specific information when you install, access, or use our Osome Application. This includes information such as the hardware model, operating system information, the app version, browser information, language and time zone, IP, device operations information, and identifiers, for example, the device identifier.
Cookies. Our website and Osome Application are set up to automatically collect anonymous information about visitors to help us understand our website visitors and their traffic patterns. This information is used for statistical purposes and to improve our service.
Information you Provide.
Your Personal Data. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, age, birth date, mobile number(s), telephone number(s), mailing or residential address, email address, passport or other identification number, and any other information relating to individuals that you have provided to us during our interaction with you.
Your Messages. We retain the contents of your messages delivered to the Osome Application during the course of providing Osome services to you. Once your files (including photos, videos, documents) are delivered, they are kept and are accessible to Osome staff and government authorities upon request. In order to improve our Osome Application we store information relating to which country your device indicates you are located in, as well as the device model and operating system you are using. Additionally, your "last login" time and read receipts are visible to Osome staff.
We collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you contact our chatbot and/or staff, for example, via chats, emails, telephone/video calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms, and our website;
- when you submit forms on our Osome Application;
- when you enter information into documents we send to you via our Osome Application;
- when you request to be included in our mailing list;
- when you respond to Osome advertisements, promotions, initiatives;
- when we receive references from affiliates and third parties, if you have been referred by them;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information relating to your spouse, children, parents, business partners and/or employees), by submitting such information you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Osome collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- conducting KYC;
- processing payments;
- replying to your questions, feedback and requests;
- managing Osome’s business operations;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- providing updates and other communications on the development of Osome’s business process and applications;
- assessing and processing applications or requests made by you for Osome products and services offered including, but not limited to, bookkeeping service, incorporation services, tax and accounting services, and payroll services;
- managing commercial risks and risk management;
- managing the safety and security of our affiliates and employees;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance);
- in connection with any claims, actions or legal proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation);
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- managing and preparing reports on non-compliance cases;
- meeting or complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by legal or regulatory bodies;
- financial reporting and audit;
- project management;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- sending automatic reminders about missing documents or bank feeds needed for the service we are providing.
If you have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your telephone number, emails or other ways of communication, Osome may contact you from time to time with information regarding our products and services.
As Osome relies on your Personal Data to provide products and services to you, you should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
We will seek your consent and notify you in advance when we collect information for purposes other than listed above or for purposes unrelated to the original purpose when collecting the data, unless with the data subject’s express and voluntary consent. You can withdraw your consent previously given by written notice.
Accuracy and Duration of Retention
- Osome will retain your Personal Data for 6 years or longer where necessary for legal or business purposes.
- Osome will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for those purposes.
Osome will take all practicable steps to protect the Personal Data against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
Keeping Your Account Secure. You are responsible for keeping your device and your Osome account safe and secure, and you must notify us promptly of any unauthorized use or security breach of your account or our Osome Application.
Third-party authorization. Our Osome application may allow you to invite new users into your chats and company profile to have access, use, or interact with our staff. Users will also be able to view some of your personal information, business data, content, and other products and services. For example, you may invite a new director to your company profile. Please note that when you invite new users into your company profile, we will need to conduct our diligence exercise as per applicable law. Please note Osome will not bear any responsibility if your Personal Data is used by unauthorized people that you invited into the Osome Application.
- We have servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
To contact us regarding:
- making a subject access/correction request,
- requesting to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy; or
- requesting to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
please use the following email address (for the attention of the Data Protection Officer): firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Osome may not be able to continue to provide our services or provide access to Osome Application. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of our services.