Ministry of Manpower (MOM) — a government body in charge of work passes, employment practices, workplace safety and health, and statistics on labor market.
How do I apply for Employment Pass?
It takes MOM about 1-2 months to process applications for Employment Pass. The application should contain the following:
- Fixed salary amount. It demonstrates you’re a valuable specialist who can support yourself and your family
- Professional experience fitting your desired job description. An impressive CV can increase your chances
- Education. A top-ranking university degree will increase your chances. A lack of one can be compensated with experience and salary
- The company business profile and its products description. The more respectable the employer, the higher the applicant’s chances
What departments does MOM have?
There are 15 divisions and 3 statutory boards within MOM:
- Corporate Communications Department
- Corporate Planning Department
- Customer Responsiveness Department
- Foreign Manpower Management Division
- Human Resource Department
- Income Security Policy Division
- International Manpower Division
- Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
- Legal Services Department
- Manpower Planning and Policy Division
- Manpower Research and Statistics Department
- Occupational Safety and Health Division
- National Human Resources Division
- Work Pass Division
- Workplace Policy and Strategy Division
MOM Statutory Board
- Central Provident Fund Board
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency
- Singapore Labour Foundation
Read our articles & guides
- How to Open a Corporate Bank Account in Singapore
- Will the New Laws Scare the Business Away from the British Virgin Islands?
- How to Report About your Business Activity Type
- How to Start a Business in Singapore from New Zealand?
- How do I choose between Sole Proprietorship and Private Limited company in Singapore?