UEN — Unique Entity Number, an id of a company. A 9- or 10- digits code issued by ACRA for every business in the country. UEN is the most important characteristic of a company used to identify it in all government structures.
How do I get a UEN for my company?
Assigning UEN is a regular part of company registration in Singapore. As you go through the standard incorporation process with ACRA, you will complete all the steps, including the UEN receival. This is the final part: after you have submitted your application for company formation, ACRA processes it, accepts the company registration, and returns to you with the approval and your new UEN number. The whole process can take less than an hour after you submitted your paperwork.
How do I find out the UEN of a company?
To identify a company’s UEN, you can look it up online using Singapore government directory search. If the business has registered with ACRA, its number, status, the company name, type, and address will be available. If the business has received a UEN from another authority, for example. People’s Association, its particulars will still be available via directory search.
Read our articles & guides
- How to Open a Corporate Bank Account in Singapore
- Will the New Laws Scare the Business Away from the British Virgin Islands?
- How to Report About your Business Activity Type
- How to Start a Business in Singapore from New Zealand?
- How do I choose between Sole Proprietorship and Private Limited company in Singapore?