The AR is mostly about confirming that the data ACRA has about your company is up to date: you submit the company type, the business activities, the registered address, the particulars of the company officers, and details of registered charges. If the information has changed or is incorrect, you must update the details.
Annual Return filing
Annual return (AR) – a set of documents that indicate your company’s financial health and status. All Singapore-incorporated companies must file ARs with ACRA within a month after the shareholders signed the resolution on the financial statementsand no later than 7 months after the FYE.
Start with an Essential package that covers all key business needs or switch to a more flexible Unlimited plan later
- Annual General Meeting preparation
- Routine Annual filing
- Personal support by your Corporate Secretary via chat
- Reminders on filing deadlines
- Full service for 1 year
- S$60 government fees included
Go to a live chat with one of our agents and get the answers straight away
Additional services you might need
- Company stampS$60A company stamp (company seal) is used to validate official documents, like contracts, certificates, deeds, etc. Company seals contain the name and registration number of the company. As of 2017, it is not obligatory to use them in Singapore, though it is still a common practice. Your company secretary is in charge of keeping and using it.
- Striking off a dormant companyS$600
- CorpPass RegistrationS$100Use your CorpPass to report to and interact with the IRAS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore), ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority), and Singapore customs. Whether you are a local or foreigner with a Singapore business, we set up your CorpPass Account quickly without registering for extra documents like a SingPass ID.
- Striking off a companyS$400Striking off means closing down a local company. If the company is no longer doing business, an application should be made to the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority to strike the company’s name off the Companies Register.
Why Osome is the best choice for you
All fees included
We advocate transparent pricing, so all standard fees are already included in the packages
Papers just a tap away
All the documents and signatures are encrypted and stored in a cloud so you can access them any time
We respond within 24 hours and prepare the documents the same day you ask for them
What does the Annual Return consist of?
How much does it cost to file the Annual Return?
There’s an Annual Filing fee of S$60. At Osome, we charge S$350 per year of secretarial services, and the fee is included in the price.
When must Singapore companies file their Annual Return?
There’s no universal Annual Return filing date, deadlines differ depending on when companies’ FYE end. ACRA expects your Annual Return lodged within 7 months after your FYE. Mind that it’s also true that the AR should be lodged within a month after the shareholders signed the resolution approving the financial statements. So if your shareholders sign the resolution earlier than 5 months after the FYE, send your AR to ACRA within a month after that.
Do I have to submit the financial statements together with my AR?
Many people have the impression that the submission of FS and the filing of Annual Return are 2 different filings. In fact, they are not. These papers are sent together if you fall into the category of businesses that must submit the FS. Companies that have no more than 20 shareholders and are not partially owned by businesses are exempt from sending the financial statements to ACRA. If you have corporate shareholders, you must submit the financial statements. Insolvent companies are obliged to do so, too.
Can a company file the Annual Return online?
The corporate secretary can file the annual return online via ACRA’s filing portal BizFile+.
What happens if my company fails to file the AR on time?
ACRA will impose the late lodgement fee of $300.
I didn’t find the answer to my question...
That’s alright! Let us know your question
How a Revenue-Based Accounting Plan Can Help You Grow
A revenue-based accounting plan offers businesses in their first year of business a flexible approach to financial management and an opportunity to grow their revenues. Learn more about how this strategy can benefit your business.
3 min read
Financial Forecasting: A Guide for New Business Owners
Discover the full potential of your Singapore startup through financial forecasting. Gain reliable insights for success and attract investors confidently with Osome's empowering tools. Read our blog today!
5 min read
What Is the Singapore Progressive Wage Credit Scheme (WCS)
The Singapore Progressive Wage Credit Scheme (WCS) uplifts low-wage workers by incentivizing employers to raise wages. It bridges income gaps, boosts morale, supports businesses in wage increment efforts, fosters productivity, and promotes a more equitable income distribution within companies.
7 min read