Transfer of shares in Singapore

Transfer of shares in a private limited company — a procedure when a shareholder sells all of his shares or some of them to a company or an individual. It must happen in accordance with the company’s Constitution and the legal requirements.

Essential Secretary

All fees included

Good for a small company or a business with a settled structure.

It includes gov fees and covers all mandatory annual procedures. You don’t pay anything on top unless you decide to change the name or address, issue new shares, etc.


  • S$60 Annual Filing government fee
  • Corporate Secretary routine Annual Filing and AGM preparation

Additionally, not included in the package

  • Non-Share Related Changes

    per change
  • Share Related Changes (per Shareholder, excl. Stamp Duty)

    per change
  • Corporate shareholder

    per shareholder

Unlimited Secretary

All fees included

Good the first year as you shape your organization, or for a larger business.

You won’t pay for each change. This all-inclusive package covers all standard resolutions like distributing dividends, changing address or adding shareholders.


  • S$60 Annual Filing government fee
  • Corporate Secretary routine Annual Filing and AGM preparation
  • Change in Company Name
  • Change in Officers
  • Change in Address
  • Change in Business Activity
  • Registration of Particulars Relating to Charges
  • Distribution of Dividends
  • Change in Officers Particulars
  • Allotment of Shares
  • Transfer of Shares (excl. Stamp Duty)
Fees Included in the price

Advanced Planning

We track the deadlines for you and keep you updated so that you don’t get fined

Secure Online Service

Access your documents whenever you need them

We arrange and store your documents online, so you can instantly access the ones you need

Fast Response 24/7

We Are Online 24/7

We respond within 15 minutes and are ready to answer your questions whenever you need answers


What papers form the transfer of shares’ set of necessary documents?

There are quite a few documents to take care of. Firstly, it’s the Directors’ Resolutions in Writing (DRIW) to note the purchase, sale or the acceptance of shares and authorize the actions related to the process such as the usage of the company’s Seal, the compiling of papers and the duty payment to IRAS.

Secondly, one will need to prepare the Instrument of Transfer – it signifies that both sides of the deal agree to go on with it.

Thirdly, IRAS demands to prepare the Working Sheet based on the company’s latest accounts.

Lastly, the transfer of shares implies reissuing the Share Certificates (the documents that specify the ownership of the shares). The old ones have to be tendered and returned back to the company for cancellation for the shares that were sold before issuing new Share Certificate(s) to the buyer. The issuance of the Share Certificate is authorized by the affixation of the company’s Common Seal.

To accomplish a legal transfer of shares, a corporate secretary also must update the company’s registers and report to ACRA about the deal.

Which authorities oversee the transfer of shares?

ACRA and IRAS do. ACRA is Accounting and Corporate regulatory authority, it collects the information about the transfer of shares. IRAS stands for “Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore”, it collects the relevant duties.

What’s a stamp duty?

A stamp duty is a transfer of shares-related fee that is collected by IRAS. The size of the duty is calculated based on the Working Sheet. For more detailed information, see the IRAS FAQ.

We will be happy to answer your questions in a secure chat
Get a Free Consultation Now

We will be happy to answer your questions in a secure chat